The word “tithe” is derived from a Hebrew word which means tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10 (ERV), God says this: “The Lord All-Powerful says, ‘Try this test. Bring one-tenth of your things to me. Put them in the treasury. Bring food to my house. Test me! If you do these things, I will surely bless you. Good things will come to you like rain falling from the sky. You will have more than enough of everything.’”
This is the only place in Scripture where God tells us to put him to the test. He promises that if we do, we will receive blessings far beyond anything we could ever give. The tithe is a great starting point for our giving and we encourage everyone who attends Christ Fellowship to tithe
Giving Changes Us
In 2 Corinthians 9:6-8, we are taught to give joyfully to God, trusting that He will meet all our needs. As a matter of fact, God wants us to know that he loves a cheerful giver. Now God loves all people, but he highlights this for a reason. He wants us to see His heart for giving and that, when we give, we draw close to His heart. Matthew 7:11 teaches us that God is a generous God. He gives to those who ask without measure. He even gave His own son for us (Romans 8:32). When we give freely, we become more like God. Simply put, when we give, we grow!
Giving Changes The World
Giving not only changes our hearts, but it changes the world. When we give, we partner with God, proclaiming a different Kingdom. Your finances become a tool to proclaim the Gospel in your immediate sphere of influence, your city and the Nations of the Earth! Our desire is to be a generous people in every sphere of life sharing the love of Jesus with a broken world. This is why we don’t want to limit ourselves to just ten percent. We want to be a people marked by radical generosity so that, through our giving, we can participate in God’s eternal purposes in our city and in the nations of the earth. Here are just a few ways your gifts affect the world through Christ Fellowship:
- Each week, people hear the gospel and encounter Jesus Christ through our Sunday Services and other ministries.
- Through our LifeGroups, people follow Jesus together in community and touch multiple neighborhoods and surrounding cities with the love of Christ.
- Because of their encounter with Jesus Christ people have made decisions to follow Jesus with their life and be baptized.
- Whether fighting human trafficking through Unbound, investing in the lives of children to fight illiteracy through Read 2 Win, or bringing joy to children of incarcerated parents by partnering with Angel Tree, we invest in transforming our city.
- We mobilize people to go on short term trips throughout the world to share the love of Jesus with the Nations.
- We develop, train and launch church plant teams to bring the Gospel to the unreached.
Please join us in proclaiming the Gospel with your finances by giving today.