- Kara: joy, gladness, calm delight, extend favor, lean towards, grace recognized!
- Karis: grace
- Kairo: rejoice because of grace
Sources of Joy:
Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master!–Matthew 25:21 (NASB)
I have told you these things so that you will be filled with MY joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!–John 15:11 (NASB)
For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a Mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness; with His love He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs!–Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)
The Main Thing: The likelihood of us experiencing the joy of the Lord is directly correlated to our proximity and connectivity to Him.
Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!–Psalm 34:8 (NLT)
Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.–John 16:24 (NASB)
2) God’s Salvation and Our Inheritance
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by His great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance – an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by His power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.–1 Peter 1:3-6 (NLT)
3) The Promises of God and Words of Jesus
Shout for joy O barren one, you who have borne no child; break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed; for the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous than the sons of the married woman, says the Lord.–Isaiah 54:1(NASB)
4) Faith-Testing Trials
Consider it pure joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that that testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect an complete, lacking in nothing.–James 1:2-4 (NASB)
5) Like-minded Believers
For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? For you are our glory and joy!–1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 (NASB)
So, to live a joyful life you:
- Go to the Source
- Draw right up close to it and drink from Him, be filled to overflowing with Him, walk in Him, and JUMP into Him!
- Rest in His Word and the calm waters of His voice and the assurance and comfort of His promises
- Embrace the narrow, exhilarating rapids He’ll let you go through to bless you to become more like Him
- And don’t go alone in the joy tube! Do life with the community! Don’t ever leave the Church!