What is Discovery Bible Study (DBS)?
Discovery Bible Study (DBS) is a tool to use for discipling relationships. The purpose of DBS is to give each person the opportunity to discover from the Word of God what the Holy Spirit is saying to them. It’s simple, easily reproducible and can be used for all ages and all seasons of life.
Three Steps in the DBS Meeting
- Based off of what we talked about last week, how did you do with applying your action step?
- What is a highlight and lowlight from your week?
- How can we help each other?
- Read the passage of scripture together 2 times 2 versions out loud (There are suggested tracks below that you may use)
- Summarize (not interpret) the scripture
- Ask these questions:
- What does this passage tell us about God and our relationship with Him?
- What does this passage tell us about people, and our relationship with each other?
- What is something you can apply/practice/obey from this passage?
- Were you intentional to show the love of Christ to anyone this week?
- Are you discipling someone else? How’s it going?
- Pray - for the lost and each other
- Lesson 1: Core Values
- Lesson 2: Jesus Is The Center Of It All
- Lesson 3: Father Heart of God/Identity
- Lesson 4: Love Your Neighbor
- Lesson 5: The Church
- Lesson 6: Love Those Who Don't Know Jesus
- Lesson 7: Prayer That Changes The World
- Lesson 8: Making Disciples
- Lesson 1: Good News
- Lesson 2: Love
- Lesson 3: Prayer
- Lesson 4: The Bible
- Lesson 5: Baptism
- Lesson 6: Daily Life with God
- Lesson 1: Authority
- Lesson 2: Servant Leadership
- Lesson 3: Leading Connected to Jesus
- Lesson 4: Prayer Life of a Leader
- Lesson 5: The Next Generation
- Lesson 6: Character Check