What is Christ Fellowship Discipleship School (CFDS)?
Christ Fellowship Discipleship School (CFDS) is designed to help people become Reproducing Disciples of Jesus Christ, bringing God’s Kingdom to Fort Worth and beyond.
The discipleship school is structured around Christ Fellowship’s deepest Core values of:
- Loving God,
- Loving each other,
- And loving those who don’t know Christ.
In CFDS these values are lived out as students practice basic skills including:
- Hearing God’s voice
- Walking in freedom
- Loving your neighbor as yourself
- Learning identity in Christ
- Living in community
- Making disciples who make disciples
- Walking in God’s will for our lives
- Sharing Christ with others
All of these skills are then incorporated within the context of the local church. CFDS is vitally connected to church life as students gain experience and vision for their specific functions in the body of Christ.
Is CFDS for you?
Do you desire to deepen your relationship with God? Do you want to learn how to follow Him more closely? If so, you may want to consider CFDS this fall. It is our desire that everyone who is a part of Christ Fellowship, from graduating high school seniors through empty-nesters, take the opportunity to be equipped for greater fruitfulness in the local church through CFDS. Anyone can do the training school! You don’t have to be a missionary, but we do ask that you be involved in a LifeGroup.
CFDS begins August 31, 2017 and finishes April 30, 2018. Key dates include:
- Weekly Classes - Mondays, 5:30-9:30 p.m. With 2 Thursday exceptions: Aug. 31st and Jan 18th
- Retreat - August 25 - 26, 2017
- Fall Outreach - October 28, 2017
- Spring Mission Trip - (during FWISD Spring Break, March 10-17; exact trip dates TBD)
- Graduation - May 7, 2018
Tuition and fees
- $1,900/year for married couples
- $1,300/ year for individuals
- Childcare available at an additional cost of $20/child/month (max per family of $60/month)
- Mission trip cost additional; support-raising expected
First half of tuition is due prior to start of fall semester. Remaining half due prior to start of spring semester. Please include childcare cost with tuition.
What happens after CFDS?
CFDS students will be more equipped to serve and grow the local body here in Fort Worth as they continue to develop their gifts and discover their specific roles and functions within the local church. They will experience sharing the life of Jesus with others and making disciples while living on mission here in Fort Worth to transform this city for God’s glory!
What do you do now?
- Pray: Seek the Lord about when He would have you go through CFDS and listen to His voice.
- Apply: If you believe God is leading you to apply for CFDS in 2017-2018, please complete an application and return it to the Christ Fellowship office by May 1, 2017.
Limited spaces available, reserved in order of date application received.