Our vision for discipleship at Christ Fellowship is to raise up followers of Jesus who treasure and walk with Him on a daily basis with the goal of strengthening the church community and sharing the life of Jesus Christ with others. The Bible says, "Go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything (Jesus) commanded.” Matt 28:19 Discipleship is an intentional investment in someone’s life for a season with the purpose of learning to love and obey Jesus together. Below is a list of tools to aid you in this process:
Discovery Bible Study (DBS)
Discovery Bible Study (DBS) is a tool to use for discipling relationships. The purpose of DBS is to give each person the opportunity to discover from the Word of God what the Holy Spirit is saying to them. It’s simple, easily reproducible and can be used with all ages and all seasons of life.
There are 3 parts to a DBS discipleship meeting:
1. Look In
- Vision for the meeting (ie: repeat the vision statement or some part of it - we want to become more like Jesus, etc.)
- Vision for “Look In” portion (ie: we want to take time to know one another and support each other)
- What is a highlight and lowlight from your week?
- How can we help each other?
2. Look Up
- Based off of what we talked about last week, how did you do with applying your action step?
- Read the passage of scripture together 2 times 2 versions outloud
- Summarize (not interpret)
- What does this passage tell us about God and our relationship with Him?
- What does this passage tell us about people, and our relationship with each other?
- What is something you can apply/practice/obey from this passage?
3. Look Out
- Were you intentional to show the love of Christ to anyone this week?
- Are you discipling someone else? How’s it going?
- Pray - for the lost and each other
Kingdom Values Track
- Lesson 1: Core Values
- Lesson 2: Jesus Is The Center Of It All
- Lesson 3: Father Heart of God/Identity
- Lesson 4: Love Your Neighbor
- Lesson 5: The Church
- Lesson 6: Love Those Who Don't Know Jesus
- Lesson 7: Prayer That Changes The World
- Lesson 8: Making Disciples